Influenza Vaccine "What You Need To Know"
Facts for Athletes
Facts for Parents
Years of Experience: 3
Fort Hill Nurse since 2010
Guidlines for over the counter medications
Emergency Card Guidelines
Over the counter medicains permission slip
Job of the School Nurse
In Allegany County, The School Nurse is a registered nurse who is responsible for the health care of students in the Allegany County School System. The School nurse works independently when providing care for the students.
Physical Requirements needed to function as a school nurse:
- Standing, sitting, and walking are required for the 7-8 hour day
- Stooping and bending are necessary when providing care for students
- The ability to lift 50 pounds may be required when assisting students or helping with special needs
- The ability to respond quickly to in school emergencies both inside the school and outside
- CPR may need to be performed which requires kneeling, bending and strenuous physical activity